Living with rats in Estonia

Sabalised jutustused

Moderaatorid: E4-, Amelia

Living with rats in Estonia

PostitusPostitas Veineleissa (Teema autor) » 27. september 2016, 22:10

Tere! Hello everyone!
I will move to Tartu, Estonia soon and I have 4 rats. I wanna know something about living with rats in Estonia. I also worried about possibilities to leave my rats with someone when I should go out for a few days. In my hometown I can give my rats to people who also have rats, but I don`t know anyone in Estonia and I don`t know anything about yours customs in this case. Thank you in advance! Aitäh!
Veineleissa
Uus kasutaja
Uus kasutaja

Postitused: 2
Teemad: 1
Teda kiideti: 0 korda
Sugu: Naine
Prindi postitus

Re: Living with rats in Estonia

PostitusPostitas sphynx » 12. aprill 2017, 09:26

Hi.
Your message is pretty old, so maybe you have already got the answers.
For bringing rats to Estonia, there is no veterinary restrictions.
If you have neighbour, who likes rats, you can ask him/her to take care of your rats for few days.
In general, it is not good idea to take your rats to other household with other rats. Quite often they have different bacterias and they may carry different viruses/parasites. In this case there should always be at least 2 months of quarantine time, where those rats dont meet each other. It is not a case, when you want to bring in couple of new rats/babies from reputable breeder. Then you know, they should be free of everything and you can put them together straight away (well, after letting them to know each other outside of the cage, in the neutral area)
Hope that helps
sphynx
Uus kasutaja
Uus kasutaja

Postitused: 13
Teemad: 2
Teda kiideti: 1 korda
Prindi postitus

Re: Living with rats in Estonia

PostitusPostitas Veineleissa (Teema autor) » 25. detsember 2017, 20:05

Thank you, sphynx, for your answer! I´m in Estonia now with my rats and everything is okay)
Veineleissa
Uus kasutaja
Uus kasutaja

Postitused: 2
Teemad: 1
Teda kiideti: 0 korda
Prindi postitus

Tagasi: Üldised jutud

Kes on online

Kasutajad vaatamas seda foorumit: Registreeritud kasutajad pole ja 3 külalist